Welcome to the West Education Center (WEC), home of the Bulldogs. Our mission is to provide innovative education and strong academics in a highly structured environment.
We are committed to helping our students grow academically and emotionally through building strong and unique relationships with each student. We provide a positive, structured, and safe educational environment for students who have been identified as having an emotional or behavioral need. We also provide a non-traditional educational setting where students build skills in the areas of employment, daily living and academics, often via hands-on or experiential learning.
- Implementation of school-wide positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS), which is a research-based intervention program
- Implementation of the social-emotional learning curriculum
- School Connect
- Revamped incentive program
- Specialized programs for students
- Experienced and passionate teachers and skilled support staff
- Mental health supports and trauma-informed care
- A safe, welcoming, nurturing, and innovative learning environment