Welcome to West Alternative Learning Center!
Phone Number: 952-653-1655
West Alternative (W-ALT) is an alternative high school for students working towards their high school diploma. We serve students in grades 9-12, up to age 21.
W-ALT is a credit-based program that offers:
- High school diploma classes that meet the standard state requirements through blended learning.
- Courses in work experience, art, and engineering.
- Career exploration and employment training.
- Exploratory activities including art classes, career day, college tours, and access to college classes through Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie campus.
What makes us different?
- W-Alt works with students at their skill level to help them build confidence in their abilities.
- W-Alt is a continuous progress model program (students earn a .25 credit at their own pace and only takes classes they need for their graduation plan).
- W-Alt is a blended learning environment (digital learning tools).
- Small class sizes and greater individual attention.
- Project-based learning opportunities.
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program.
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) framework.
- Access to support staff, including School Counselor and Social Worker.
Assistant Principal: Scott Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org 952-653-1646
Administration Support: Amy Kuklock email@example.com 952-374-5761
Social Worker: Chrislee Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org 952-856-0683
Counselor: Jordanna Schluttner email@example.com 952-653-1632
Special Ed/Electives: Natalie Azbill - 612-562-9013 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Science: Jake Cavanaugh - 612-666-0613 - email@example.com
English: Timothy Connors - 952-653-1663 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Studies/Art: Hannah Mattson - 952-653-1642 - email@example.com
Special Ed/Electives: John McNally - 952-653-1672 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Math: Matt Schoenecker - 952-653-1626 - email@example.com
Work Exp/Phy Ed: Jeremy Shibley - 952-374-5750 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Assistant: Winter Oloafe - 763-550-7231 - email@example.com