During school age years, proper nutrition can reinforce lifelong eating habits that contribute to a student’s overall well being. This can help them grow and learn to their fullest potential and then go on to lead a healthy lifestyle.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider.
District 287 can serve free meals for all students for the 2020-21 school year. Children don’t need to be enrolled to participate. If your child is over 18 and enrolled in a program at one of our district schools, they also qualify for free meals.
Free weekend meals and expanded meal delivery services
We are excited to announce that in December, in addition to the free weekday meals that are currently being provided, Intermediate District 287 will begin providing free weekend meals. These meals are available to all kids ages 18 and under and students over 18 enrolled in a district program. Free weekend meals will be available until at least the middle of January and possibly longer. We will also be expanding our critical need home meal delivery services. With continued statewide shutdowns impacting our families, we want to ensure that our students have the meals they need to continue to be successful in their learning.
To qualify for critical need home meal delivery:
- Your family must have a student enrolled in Intermediate District 287 and
- You must have a current SY 2020-21 School Meal Benefit Application on file - Online Application
- You have no access to a car/vehicle or other transportation. OR
- No one in your household can leave their job during school meal pickup hours.
Free seven day a week meals and expanded delivery services will begin December 11th, based on your student’s assigned learning format. Please see the critical need meal delivery sign up for additional information. Families must sign students up for critical need home delivery by Friday, December 4th, at 6 am, to begin receiving services on December 11th.
If you do not qualify for critical need home meal delivery or your family does not have a student enrolled in Intermediate District 287 and you want to pick up free meal packs at one of our sites, please see the Meal Pick Up Order Form for additional information.
Your student may qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
Free/Reduced Meal Forms:
- English Version instructions
- English Version application
- Hmoob (Hmong) instructions
- Hmoob (Hmong) application
- Soomaali (Somali) instructions
- Soomaali (Somali) application
- Español (Spanish) instructions
- Español (Spanish) application
Additional Resources and Forms
- Special Diet Statement Form
- Special Diet Procedure
- Lactose-Free Milk Request Form
- Non-Discrimination Statement
Local Wellness Policy: Triennial Assessment
An assessment of the school wellness policy must be conducted a minimum of once every three years;
The results of the assessment must be made available to the public and found here.
View the breakfast & lunch menu calendars or download the pdf versions below: