Trusted partner for specialized services
For more than 50 years, our member school districts have trusted us to provide specialized student services so that all students thrive in school and in life. District 287 builds programs and services based on school district and student requests and needs.
We are experts in:
- Special Education
- Alternative Learning Academies (ALCs)
- Transition Services
- Career and Technical Education
- Itinerant Services
- Care & Treatment
- Online Learning
- Gifted Education
We meet the needs of every unique learner
We work with the family and home school district to create a customized school program for each student. Our specialized schools are known for:
- Expert classroom and educational staff who are experts in special education, mental health, and trauma
- Specialized support staff such as counselors, mental health staff, nurses, social workers, and psychologists.
- Strong values or restorative justice, positive behavior supports, AVID and racial equity
- Helping students to emotionally regulate so they can access learning
How we’re funded
District 287 special education programs operate on a fee-for-service basis. Revenue to fund student services is generated by tuition billing.