We regularly review our COVID-19 safety measures to ensure we’re following best practices to keep schools open and safe as possible. We know that our expansion of testing and layers of protection are effective mitigation efforts.
Masks: Beginning May 9, masks will be required through the end of the school year.
COVID-19 Case Notification: Families will still be notified if a staff member who works directly with your student tests positive for COVID-19, and all families will still receive a notification if there is a positive case at their site, and a reminder to get tested. Families are welcome to visit the COVID-19 Dashboard to view case rates at their school. As always, it is your choice to keep your student home from school should you believe that quarantine is necessary.
Vaccinations: We encourage our students, staff, families, and all members of our community who are eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine to keep everyone as safe as possible. District 287 does not require vaccinations for staff. Getting vaccinated, or not, is a personal choice that will be respected.
Scanwell Rapid Test Instructional Video
Due to the ongoing pandemic/health and safety situation, District facilities and equipment are not available for use or rental by the general public during this time.
Important Information For Families
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
The 287 COVID-19 Dashboard shows the positive cases that impact our school. community.
Let us know if you test positive for COVID-19: First, staff members and families must follow the instructions for notifying District 287 if they have received a confirmed positive case of COIVD-19.
Staff: Staff members should contact their supervisor to help them submit a positive case form, which is shared with Human Resources.
Families: Families should contact the school nurse at their student's school to report a positive case.
The positive case will be reported to 287's COVID-19 Program Coordinator/Health & Safety Manager, who will notify the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Superintendent of District 287.
COVID-Related Family Communications
- 5-6-22: Masks now required through the end of the school year
- 3-11-22: Masks no longer required but highly recommended
- 3-4-22: COVID Update
- 1-20-22: Return to In Person Learning
- 1-11-22: Shift to Remote Learning Due to Safety Reasons
- 1-5-22: New Safety Guidances for Omicron
- 12-1-21: Pediatric Vaccine Clinics
- 11-21-21: NEC Update
- 11-17-21: ABEC Extended Closure
- 11-10-21: ABEC Update
- 11-10-21: Pediatric Vaccine Clinics
- 10-14-21: Extra Safety Precautions
- 8-28-21: Get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- 8-27-21: Testing, Quarantine, and Face-Covering FAQs
- 8-20-21: COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Clinics for Students/Families
- 8-13-21: New Safety Measures
- 8-3-21: Back to School Planning