ALC Academies work with students at their skill level to help them build confidence in their abilities.
- Small class sizes and greater individual attention
- Project-based learning
- Strive to partner with nearby daycare providers for teen parents
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Graduate with a High School Diploma, prioritizing the credits you need to graduate
Our alternative high school students are determined to earn their diploma. We are a program for students in grades 9-12, up to age 21.
Our ALC Academies are credit-based programs that offer:
- High school diploma classes that meet the standard state requirements
- A variety of elective courses including art, personal finance, job skills, work experience and parenting
- Classes for English Learner students
We have 4 locations across the West Twin Cities Metro
- North Education Center Academy – New Hope, MN
- South Education Center Academy– Richfield, MN
- West Alternative Learning Center – Minnetonka, MN
- Gateway to College Hennepin Technical College – Eden Prairie, MN