District 287 special education programs operate on a fee-for-service basis. Revenue to fund District 287 student services is generated by tuition billing.
The regional approach makes the costs for specialized services lower. The cost for individual districts to serve students with complex needs can be extraordinarily high, especially in staffing. District 287 manages a $93 million budget.
The consortium is able to leverage economies of scale, resulting in lower costs to member districts, coupled with the ability to access a great variety of specialized services. Costs go down as program usage goes up.
We pride ourselves on responsible fiscal stewardship to best serve our member districts.
- FY20 Original Budget (PDF)
- FY20 Original Budget Notes (page 2) (PDF)
- FY19 Revised Budget (PDF)
- FY19 Revised Budget Notes (Page 2) (PDF)
- FY19 Original Budget (PDF)
- FY19 Original Budget Notes (Page 2) (PDF)
- FY18-19 District Revenue and Expenditure Budget - Published (PDF)
- FY18 Revised Budget (PDF)
- FY18 Revised Budget Notes (Page 2) (PDF)
- FY18 Original Budget (PDF)
- FY18 Original Budget Notes (Page 2) (PDF)
- FY17-18 District Revenue and Expenditure Budget - Published (PDF)
- FY17 Revised Budget (PDF)
- FY17 Revised Budget Notes (PDF)
- FY17 Original Budget (PDF)
- FY17 Original Budget Notes (Page 2) (PDF)
- FY16-17 District Revenue and Expenditure Budget - Published (PDF)
INTERMEDIATE DISTRICT 287
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The School Board of Intermediate District 287, Plymouth, Minnesota will receive sealed Request for Proposal (RFP) for:
SELF INSURED GROUP MEDICAL INSURANCE
Until 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, June 27, 2019
Envelopes containing the proposals (3 copies) must be SEALED and marked “SELF INSURED GROUP MEDICAL INSURANCE” and addressed to:
Intermediate District 287
1820 Xenium Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55441-3708
Proposals received after the deadline will be considered late and ineligible for consideration.
Questions regarding the RFP, general instructions, all pertinent underwriting, and general information may be obtained by contacting Lori Hayes at Gallagher Benefit Service, (952) 356-0712; firstname.lastname@example.org; 3600 American Blvd W – Suite 500, Bloomington, MN 55431. Any questions regarding the RFP should be directed to Lori Hayes at Gallagher Benefit Services. Copies of the contract documents will be available on Thursday, June 6, 2019.
The Board of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids in full or in part, to waive any informality in bidding or advertisements, and to accept the bid deemed most favorable and advantageous to the School District.
INTERMEDIATE DISTRICT 287
ANDREA CUENE, CLERK