WSSS offers classes to students entering grades 2-12 for the fall of the following school year. West Suburban Summer School serves students who are identified as gifted and talented in our member districts, and students from non-member school districts (at a slightly higher fee). Instructors design enrichment classes in their area of expertise to provide students with unique experiences to challenge their abilities.
2020 Summer Program Information
We have been working hard to provide enrichment opportunities for families impacted by our cancellation of West Suburban Summer School due to COVID-19. At this time, we are excited to offer a limited number of courses in an ‘at-home’ format. We are excited to have 21 talented instructors offer 27 unique classes These courses have been redesigned for remote access. Students will spend approximately 15-20 hours per week working on each class, with a combination of online meeting time and individual or small group activities.
Registration site: Go here to register for classes.
Course selection instructions: Step by step guide to registration.
A limited number of classes will be held through online delivery on the following dates:
- July 13-17
- July 20-24
- July 27-31
Registration begins Monday, June 29, at 9:00 a.m.
We will not be charging a late fee.
Log into your account and update your student's information.
- Under "Current Students" click on "More / Update" then update your personal information.
- Select "Emergency Information" from the top menu and update your emergency information. (Must be updated to complete registration)
New students will receive a postcard that provides a URL to access the online brochure and instructions for registration. Students are selected to participate in the program in one of the following ways:
- Teacher distributes postcards to students identified for gifted and talented services in their school
- WSSS coordinators distribute postcards to families who complete the nomination process and meet program eligibility
- Note that previous students will not need a postcard to access the catalog and to register for classes because they already have an account. However, emergency contact information must be updated before enrollment.
Parent Signature: the parent/guardian secure login information (based on username and password) constitutes a signature for purposes of registration, payment, and communication.
Secure Login: All transactions entered under a student's secure login will be considered legally binding.
Medication Administration In the event that your child has medications you would like administered on site, please complete this form.
If you registered and paid for a course, there is a seven day grace period to withdraw and receive a full refund. After seven days, $50 will be deducted from the refunded fee.