- Build relationships with students and families
- Provide instruction and other educational supports to special needs students
- Assist students in their academic and social development
- Collaborate with an excellent team of educators
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Current teaching license in: EBD, ASD or another subject & willing to get an Out of Field license (If currently not licensed, must be willing and eligible to receive a Tier 1 in EBD)
Become a special education teacher and you can enjoy
- Health, dental, & life insurance
- Free counseling
- Retirement benefits
- District match for 403b participants
Staff perceptions of the workplace culture are in the positive range
- Paid leave (up to 96 hours)
- Holidays and summers off
- Instructional coaches
- Mentors for new teachers
- Professional Learning Communities
- Ongoing professional development
- Programs to help employees reach their career goals
Work one-on-one with students and build relationships with them
Special Education Teacher Jobs in District 287
Feel good at the end of the day. We love dedicated & compassionate educators who want to make a difference!
We are interested in candidates who are diverse, bilingual, or have experience working with diverse populations.
Commitment to Equity
Studies have shown that women and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
About District 287
Intermediate District 287 is a west metro school district for unique learners. We serve 11 school districts in the West Metro including Brooklyn Center, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Orono, Osseo, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, Wayzata, and Westonka. Our healing community works together to achieve racial equity. Our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining racially diverse and racially conscious staff across all levels of our organization. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences.
You should be familiar with an Intermediate school district before you apply. View the following videos.