We are excited you are interested in a job at District 287. We hire year-round to serve the unique students in our schools.
All of our positions are open!
Apply for jobs here:
Want to know more about 287?
District 287 is trusted to provide trauma-sensitive, customized services so that all students get the best education possible.
We’re experts in:
- Special Education
- Alternative Learning Center Academies (ALCs)
- Transition Services
- Career and Technical Education
- Itinerant Services
- Care & Treatment
- Online Learning
- Gifted Education
Our strategic vision includes hiring and retaining diverse staff across all levels of our organization. We value racially diverse perspectives and life experiences. Our employees engage in courageous conversations about race to increase their individual, as well as our collective, racial consciousness.
287’s mission outcomes center on student outcomes & racial equity. Our efforts include becoming a trauma-sensitive school district.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package for licensed and non-licensed support staff who advance student success.
- Paid leave (up to 96 hours for full time employees)
- School calendar schedule: holidays and summers off
- Health, dental, & life insurance, & long term disability
- Wellness services & free, confidential professional consulting, coaching, & counseling services
- Retirement benefits through TRA & PERA
- District match for 403b participants
- Instructional coaches
- Mentors for new teachers
- Professional Learning Communities
- Ongoing professional development
- Programs to help employees reach their career goals
District 287 is partnered with Teacher on Call for substitute placement. Teachers on Call is a substitute staffing service that hires licensed teachers, paraprofessionals, and early childcare staff.
Contact Teachers On Call
Benefits of working with Teachers on Call and 287
- Use the Aesop automated system to pick up substitute jobs
- A growing list of training opportunities
- Weekly pay, bonuses, and paid holidays (dependent on hours worked)
- Insurance opportunities
- Option to enroll in the Educators Retirement Savings Plan
Labor Agreements with Local 287 and Local 2209
As part of the Assurance of Compliance, the school district is required to provide an electronic copy of each of the laws found on the Assurance of Compliance Equity Laws website.
Copies of these laws are available by paper copy in a 3-ring binder.
Requests to view the paper copy should be forwarded to:
Director of Human Resources