Click n' Talk Application for the iPad/iTouch/iPhone
Need Support? Click here (email)
Step-by-Step Instructions (link)
Would you like to see a student using Click n' Talk? Click Here.
At Intermediate District 287 we have created an easy tool for individuals with communication challenges to share information, increase vocabulary, improve literacy skills as well as enhance memory and cognitive functioning. We call it Click n' Talk.
This talking photo album allows modification of all aspects to enhance function of the app for a variety of populations. Customization features allow the user to:
import personal photos or web images,
create novel text presentation and
record a verbal message.
Click n' Talk is appropriate for Individuals of all ages who may display one or more of the following:
- Developmental Cognitive Delays
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- English Language Learners
- Neurological Disorders
- Pre-School (Early Language Learners)
- Limited Vocabulary
- Poor speech production/no speech
In addition to using Click N Talk for communication, it is an excellent support for classroom and therapeutic activities.
Why Use Click N Talk?
- Social Stories
- Sharing information about self
- Cognitive Retraining
- Vocabulary development/building
- Improving literacy
- Teaching English
- Scripting events
- Developing independent living skills (i.e. following a recipe, sequence for dressing)
- Following Directions
- Increasing comprehension
- Memory tool
- Developing language skills such as categorization and sequencing
- Load your digital pictures or grab images from the internet On iPad/iPhone/iTouch, open Click n' Talk
- Select “settings”
- Turn Edit mode “on” (see password section below)
- Select “done”
- Select “add” (upper right corner)
- Name the album
- Select “save”
- Touch “add a photo”
- Touch screen again to open Photo Albums available
- Touch desired picture
- Touch text area below picture and enter text (up to 50 characters)
- Select “record” and speak message into microphone. On older versions of the iPod Touch, remember an external microphone will need to be used to record. After recording, listen to your message, if ok, hit “save” (upper right) or re-record as necessary
- Repeat as necessary.
- You can edit, delete or add as desired.
- When Album is complete, select “Albums” (upper left corner), “Settings”, turn edit mode off and select “Done”
- Select “Settings”
- Edit mode “on”
- Enter new password
- Repeat password
- Set New password
- Select “done”
To order Click n' Talk, click here