Dec 6, 7, & 8 Community Interviews with Superintendent Finalists
The District 287 School Board is on track to select their top choice for the new superintendent for District 287 by December 8. In December, we’re asking staff, students, families, and others to participate in informal interviews with the superintendent finalists.
- December 6, 7, and 8 (one interview on each evening)
- 5 pm – 6 pm
- Room 318 at the District Service Center (1820 Xenium Ln, Plymouth)
Please save the date for informal interviews with the District 287 superintendent finalists. We are tentatively planning for 3 finalists, and you will have the opportunity to meet one candidate each evening. Please attend any of the sessions that your schedule allows.
What you need to know
- The second-round interviews are very informal. There are no suggested questions – it’s a time for the candidate to briefly introduce themself and then for staff, families, and the community to ask questions on topics that are important to them.
- In the last 10 minutes of the session, you will have time to submit your feedback electronically. Feedback will be collected from all stakeholder groups participating in informal interviews, including member district leaders, the Strategic Implementation Team, union leaders, students, staff, families, and the general community. The feedback will be provided to the School Board prior to their final interview with the candidate, which will help inform their next steps.
- The School Board will hold a final interview with each candidate after the community interview on the evenings of December 6-8 (7:15-8:45 p.m.). The final interviews with the Board will not be live-streamed, but there will be a room in the DSC set up for remote viewing. You can also view them on a later date in December on the District’s Youtube Channel. The School Board will announce its top candidate on the evening of December 8