Save Your License: PBIS
(Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports)
Welcome to the Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies (PBIS) online course! Successful completion of this course will earn TWO clock hours that address the following MN teacher licensure requirement:
"Effective for renewal of professional licenses which expire on June 30, 2001, and after, applicants must include in their 125 clock hours instruction or other professional development activities which address positive behavioral intervention strategies." For questions about licensure see this Minnesota Department of Education page.
In this two-hour learning session you will gain a core understanding of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and get an overview of Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
As you navigate through the session you will:
- Watch a short video and read some introductions to PBIS and SEL.
- Watch a 30-minute video showing various applications of SEL in academic environments.
- Take a short quiz on the introductory material and 30-minute video.
- Explore your choice of three PBIS/SEL resources from a menu of selections in the course.
- Write three brief, informal reflections (about ten minutes/two paragraphs for each) on what you learned in each of your explorations.
Be aware that In order to obtain a certificate for two clock hours you’ll need to score at least an eight out of ten on the true-false quiz on the introductory material and 30-minute video, and do satisfactory work on the short reflections. The instructor will review your work to be sure it meets course requirements. Expect to set aside two hours of effort in order to successfully complete the course. If necessary, you’ll have opportunities to redo your work until you succeed.
This online course requires the following modest hardware requirements. Please go to this test page to make sure that your computer can handle the content. It is your responsibility to make sure your computer meets the requirements for the course.
To complete this course:
1. Create an account and pay $25 with credit card on our Registration page. Registration is two easy steps, and you can begin working right away.
2. Complete your course.
3. Your instructor will verify that you have successfully completed the course, notify you, and provide access to print out your CEU certificate for 2 clock hours addressing the PBIS licensure requirement.
Thank-you for participating in this course. If you are interested in additional online courses, go to the PREP Center Homepage.
Questions about licensure requirements?
See this Minnesota Department of Education page.
Questions about registering for this course?
Contact Kristin Klobe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about logging in to your course?
Contact the Moodle Administrator if you have issues with logging in.