What Students Need to Know:
- For students going back to school, we’ve got their backs. W-ALT is designed to support unique learners with a personalized mix of traditional and blended coursework.
- At W-ALT, students can work in small groups, one-on-one with teachers, or on their own. It’s their choice. • Student outcomes are based on progress in coursework and not time in a seat.
- W-ALT prepares students for college because it’s structured like college. Students are in charge of their own learning.
- Students can qualify to be a part of AVID, a college prep program.
- W-ALT is part of the national movement towards personalized instruction.
What Educators Need to Know:
- Real-time progress is provided in all courses, so students and their advisors can stay on track for graduation.
- Real-time academic progress allows teachers to make immediate adjustments to course content and delivery as needed.
- Teaching is customized based upon students’ individual learning style and pace.
- Student-Directed Learning: If students want to complete one course at a time, rather than juggle six, they can.
- No Speed Limits: At W-ALT, students learn at their own pace. They’re not forced to keep up or slow down based upon other students’ needs or a teacher’s syllabus. Each student’s pace is continually monitored by teachers and students.
- WALT is an Area Learning Center program. Students must qualify.