Welcome to Diploma On!
The goal of Diploma On! is to reduce barriers for students and increase graduation rates by contacting students previously dropped from their school programs and inviting them back to school.
Diploma On! is not a school or a place, but rather a service to engage our students in their education. Our Diploma On! Coordinators work with students, their families, and their schools to reengage unenrolled students into school settings that meet their individual needs. This is a voluntary and free service for students and families.
As part of the Hennepin County School Superintendent and Commissioner Partnership, "Increasing Graduation Rates in Hennepin County", Intermediate District 287 and its member districts have implemented a “Drop Out” Recovery Program in ten area school districts that include: Osseo, Brooklyn Center, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, Richfield, Eden Prairie, Orono, Wayzata, Westonka and St. Louis Park.
Why Diploma On!
In Hennepin County, approximately 8,500 students graduate each year. At the same time, 3,600 9th-12th graders drop out (MN Department of Education, 2011.) For every one student that drops out, four students graduate. We want to be the safety net for as many of those 3,600 students as we can and get them on their way to high school graduation or GED attainment.
Eligibility for Diploma On!
- Part of District 287's member districts (either residing in, was attending school at)
- Have dropped out of school
- Have been dropped from a school district and have not re-enrolled
- Have been excluded and/or expelled from a school
Diploma On! Support
- Program options that fit student needs;
- Meet student through intake process;
- Navigating the educational, county, medical, and mental health systems;
- Advocacy, resource & referral;
- Students' relationships with staff within the school;
- A graduation plan that is achievable and sustainable; and
- A post-secondary plan.
Visit the Diploma On! Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DiplomaOn