If you require assistance regarding any county concerns please contact the FRONT DOOR at 612-348-4111. Any type of school concerns or questions please contact the program social worker, school psychologist or teacher of the building.
The Hennepin County Children's Mental Health Collaborative approved funding to continue the professional development training for the 2016-2017 school year.
Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements posted here and on District 287's PREP center site www.prepcenter.org
The purpose of the Shared Social Work project is to build a bridge between Hennepin County and its school districts that results in better service for students (birth to 21) and their families. Our project is a joint effort of Hennepin County Human Services Public Health Department and all school districts in Hennepin County. Intended results include increasing efficiencies in service acquisition and decreasing barriers between County and district resources.
This is a unique pilot project between 17 school district superintendents and Hennepin County Commissioners.
- October 2006: Hennepin County Board of Commissioners passed a resolution to improve high school graduation rates.
- February 2009: Accelerating Graduation by Reducing Achievement Disparities or A-GRAD was adopted by the Board of Commissioners.
- November 2010: Hennepin County Commissioners met with representatives from the 22 school districts to start discussions about what would become the Shared Social Work Project.
- Early 2011: The resolution was reached between Hennepin County Board of Commissioners and representatives from the 17 school districts.
- July 18, 2011: Shared Social Work Project began.
- June 30, 2014: Shared Social Work Project ended.
A Hennepin County Social Worker and two School Social Workers are included in the project.
- Donna Nelson, LSW
- Alexia Poppy, LSW
- Linda Selfried, LICSW
The County/Shool Shared Social Work Project is a coordinated endeavor with strong support from both school districts and Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department.
- Hennepin County Board of Commissioners
- Superintendents of 17 school districts that are within Hennepin County
- Intermediate School District 287
- Human Service and Public Health Department (HSPHD)
Other significant partnerships
- Hennepin County Attorney’s office
- Hennepin County Department of Juvenile Corrections