West Suburban Summer School (WSSS)
West Suburban Summer School is a program of Intermediate District 287’s Gifted Education Services. The program serves identified gifted and talented students in our member districts and beyond. Instructors design classes in their area of expertise to provide gifted students with unique experiences to challenge their abilities.
Criteria and Registration:
New students to WSSS will receive a postcard that provides a URL to access the online brochure and instructions for registration. Students are identified for WSSS in one of the following ways:
- Gifted and talented teachers distribute postcards to students identified for gifted and talented services in their school
- WSSS Coordinators distribute postcards to families who complete the nomination process and meet program criteria
Previous WSSS participants have a student account. As a result, previous students will not need a postcard to access the brochure and to register for classes. However, emergency contact information MUST be reviewed and confirmed in order to be eligible for enrollment.
WSSS 2019 Timeline:
- Summer Brochure will be available to preview online on February 13, 2019.
- Registration begins February 20, 2019 at 6 a.m. for member districts and February 22, 2019 at midnight for non-member districts.
- Summer Sessions will be held the following weeks:
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
- July 8-12
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
For more information, please contact: