What is the mission of the Intermediate District 287 English Learner (EL) program?
The ISD 287 English Learner (EL) Program is designed to:
- Help ELs achieve proficiency in speaking, in listening comprehension, and in reading and writing English
- Provide ELs with the necessary language skills to function comparable to their native English-speaking peers in academic and social situations
- Offer a high-quality education that values and promotes students' sense of pride in their home languages and native cultures
- Encourage all students and families in the District to respect and appreciate countries and cultures different from their own
- Involve all ISD 287 educators, students' families, and community members in the education of our EL students