PACER Event for Parents/Guardians this Summer
We want to let you know about an opportunity for parents & guardians this summer.
PACER Center is hosting two virtual training sessions for parents/guardians of children or young adults (aged 5-20) with a disability and currently receiving special education services on an IEP in Minnesota.
Selected Parent Leader Trainees will come together for two virtual training sessions on Friday, August 5, and Saturday, August 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CST to:
- Learn about the influence of parent leadership in the history of special education
- Build capacity to advocate for improved supports and services for children with disabilities and their families with the power of personal experience
- Learn about parent leadership opportunities in Minnesota from the school district to the state level
- Set personal goals and develop a Parent Leadership Action Plan
- Network with other Minnesota parents of children with disabilities
The training is free.
Submit your application by Friday, July 15.