P-EBT Information

Pandemic  Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) benefits have been extended for the 2021-22 school year.  This means that your family could qualify to receive money to help cover food costs during school closures or absences related to Covid-19.

A child is eligible for P-EBT this school year if:

  • Their school participates in the National School Lunch Program or the Seamless Summer Option, and
  • The student is eligible for free or reduced-price meals, and
  • Their school closes or shifts to remote learning for at least five consecutive days because of COVID
  • You keep your student home from school because of COVID (tests positive or is exposed)

Families do not need to apply. District 287 will report the appropriate information to the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) for students who qualify.

How do I know if my student is approved?
Students that have completed their meal form and are eligible will have their information forwarded automatically and the Minnesota Department of Human Services will text or email families when P-EBT benefits are approved. Make sure your student’s school has your correct contact information.

When will I receive the funds?
In February/March 2022, benefits will go to families whose children attend schools that closed or shifted to remote learning for at least five consecutive days in September, October, or November.  Future rounds of P-EBT scheduled to be issued in April, and June, will include families whose children have to stay home because of quarantines for individual students, groups of students, or entire classrooms.  

How much will I receive?
Qualifying families will receive $7.10 for each child for each missed day.  

Do I need to apply to get the funds?
No. Families do not need to apply for P-EBT benefits, schools will be reporting qualification data to the state on their behalf.  

How are benefits issued?
DHS will issue the benefits on children’s P-EBT cards. Families who didn’t previously have a P-EBT card, will get a new one. To replace an existing card for $2, call EBT Edge at 888-997-2227.

How can I check if my student qualifies for free or reduced priced meals?
You can check to make sure that your student has qualified for free or reduced priced meals at their school. If so, make sure you are receiving P-EBT texts or emails, and that their school has their correct contact information.  To qualify for the P-EBT benefit, students must have qualified for free or reduced meals with their enrolled school prior to the closure or Covid-related absence.

If you have not yet submitted an application for educational benefits for this school year to qualify your student for free or reduced price meals, you can apply online at https://paypams.com/onlineapp.aspx or submit a paper application that can be found here.  Please note that an application for your student must be submitted to Intermediate District 287.  Applications submitted to your home district are not shared with district 287, unless specifically requested by the student’s parent/guardian.  


  • To replace a lost card or update your address call EBT Edge at 888-997-2227 or visit https://www.ebtedge.com/
  • General questions: P-EBT Call Center, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. For assistance in multiple languages, complete the P-EBT Help Form or call 651-431-4608 or 833-454-0153, or visit the P-EBT Frequently Asked Questions webpage for more information.
  • Questions about particular dates or number of days your student qualified for, email your specific question, including student’s name and school they attend, to pebtsupport@district287.org or leave a voicemail at 763-550-2120.
  • Questions about your student’s meal application and qualification status: foodservice@district287.org or 763-550-7136.


District 287