Food Service news
There are three opportunities for support during the pandemic:
1: Find free summer meals in your area:
- go to https://www.summereatsmn.org/,
- download the free Summer Eats Minnesota app, or
- text Summer Meals to 97779.
2: Fill out a meal application for the 2020-21 school year at https://paypams.com/OnlineApp.aspx.
3: The Minnesota Department of Human Services Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) program provides $325 per child for families to purchase nutritious food. Families with children who received free or reduced-price meals at school, and who were between the ages of 5 and 18 on Sept. 1, 2019, may qualify. Benefits are available to two groups:
- Families receiving Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits on March 18, 2020. Benefits for these families will be issued automatically and will appear on their EBT balance on May 30, 2020. These families do not need to take any action to receive these benefits.
- Families receiving free or reduced-price school meals, but not SNAP or MFIP benefits. These families need to fill out a short application for a P-EBT card. Families can apply between June 8, 2020, and June 30, 2020, at www.mn.p-ebt.org. If approved, families will receive a P-EBT card in the mail, which will arrive with the funds preloaded.