Welcome to the Google Mojo online course! Successful completion of this course will earn TWO clock hours that address the following MN teacher licensure requirement:
"Effective for renewal of professional licenses that expire on June 30, 2012, and any renewals processed after June 30, 2012 (including lapsed licenses with an earlier expiration date), applicants must also include in their 125 clock hours instruction or other professional development activities that integrate technology effectively with student learning to increase engagement and student achievement." For questions about licensure see this Minnesota Department of Education page.
Be aware that in order to obtain clock hour credit you’ll have to produce work in this course. The instructor will review your work to be sure it meets course requirements. You’ll have opportunities to resubmit your work until you succeed, but expect to set aside two solid hours of effort in order to successfully complete the course.
This online course requires the following modest hardware requirements. Please go to this test page to make sure that your computer can handle the content. It is your responsibility to make sure your computer meets the requirements for the course.
This two-hour session is great for perfect for everyone from novice to experienced computer user. Everyone knows how to search for content on Google, but everyone can also improve the efficiency of their searches. In this course, you will learn tricks and tips to search more efficiently, become proficient at some of the powerful yet often unknown features of the Google search bar, and explore some other new and interesting Google tools. You will:
- Learn how to find content quickly on huge, confusing websites.
- Learn to quickly identify plagiarized work.
- Be able to impress your friends with your in-depth knowledge of little known Google search bar tricks.
- Explore an alternate search tool to find data on any subject.
- Explore some of the alternate sets of data collections that Google provides.
1. Create an account and pay $25 with credit card on our Registration page. Registration is two easy steps, and you can begin working right away.
2. Complete your course.
3. Your instructor will verify that you have successfully completed the course, notify you, and provide access to print out your CEU certificate for 2 clock hours addressing the technology requirement.
Thank-you for participating in this course. If you are interested in additional online courses,
go to the PREP Center Homepage.
Questions about licensure requirements?
- See this Minnesota Department of Education page.
Questions about registering for this course?
- Contact Kristin Peterson.
Questions about logging in to your course?
- Contact the Moodle Administrator if you have issues with logging in.